As 2017 winds down, I’m in full “Year in Review” mode. So it’s perfect timing for me to participate in Day 3 of Lisa Jacobs’ New Year for a New You annual review!
What do you want from 2018?
Lisa suggests we follow the five pillars of a harmonic life, as taught in Harmonic Wealth: The Secret of Attracting the Life You Want by James Arthur Ray:
Next, Lisa suggests applying each change/desire above to the following list from MONEY Master the Game: 7 Simple Steps to Financial Freedom by Tony Robbins:
- What do I really want? (vision) I really, REALLY want to write an amazing pitch for a book that will land me an agent and a great book deal. That’s my number one goal for 2018, and I’m fired up to go after it.
- What is important about it? (values) It will engage both my mental and financial pillars, and hopefully also help encourage my husband to take the plunge on his own business, so that hits three out of five of my pillars in one blow.
- How will I get it? (methods) Through hard work and persistence. Write it down, send it out, rinse and repeat.
- What is preventing me from having it? (obstacles) Right now, it still needs to be written! So the obstacle is the empty page. Time to get it out of my head and onto paper. (Or, rather, a computer screen.)
- How will I know I am successful? (measurements) I’ll land an agent and a book deal by this time next year!
What about you?
What kinds of things do you want from your pillars in 2018, and how will you get them?
Be sure to check out Lisa’s post for more info on the New Year for a New You annual review, and share some of your highlights in the comments below!