Summer’s almost over, and the last quarter of the year is coming up quick. Which means it’s time to do a little bit of assessment and see where I’m headed with my yearly goals.
Lucky for me, Lisa Jacobs has challenged us all to “18 Before 2018” – write up a list of 18 goals to accomplish before 2018. These can be big, small, or a combination of both. I did a bit of brainstorming, and here’s what I’ve come up with…
- Finish my World’s Coolest Jobs book proposal and start pitching it to agents
- Write a second proposal for a totally different book and start pitching it to different agents (this one is still in the kernel phase, so I don’t want to say much more about it, for now!)
- Write a 3-Day Novel about middle-school ninja (Sept. 2-4)
- Publish my ninja novel
- Take a train trip to LA
- Visit with my BFF, Jenna, in November (and possibly try to convince her to write a joint novel with me, à la Liz Fenton and Lisa Steinke)
- Visit with my parents, aunt and uncle in December
- Sell books at the San Diego Festival of Books – August 26!
- Sell books at the San Diego Zine Fest – October 8!
- Attend San Diego chapter meetings for SCBWI
- Read 52 books
- Get a new mattress
- Journal daily, on paper (I’ve started Bullet Journaling and want to start an art journal as well)
- Walk 10,000 steps every day
- Attend John Lithgow’s free lecture at UCSD
- Make a French Silk pie for my birthday – October 14
- Try one new recipe every week (for some reason, I’ve decided I need to start with a pot roast – something I have never cooked before – but I am also reading a lot of cookbooks that I’ve borrowed from the library)
- Start a NaNoWriMo write-in at my local library
As you can see, some of these are pretty big goals, others are pretty small, and some are just for fun.
I need a little more fun in my life!
What about you?
What are YOUR 18 Before 2018?