It’s Tuesday, which means it’s time for yet another Top 10 list!
Since the Blogging from A to Z April Challenge is fast approaching, I thought I’d throw out a list of my top 10 reasons YOU should join me in taking this writing challenge. And away we go!
- Build your blog. Just starting out with your blog? The A to Z Challenge is a great way to build up a series of blog posts, by writing one a day during the month of April. If you pick a specific theme, it makes it even easier to stick with it for 30 days.
- Take your blogging seriously. Similar to #1, sometimes people start blogs but quickly abandon them once they run out of ideas. With the A to Z Challenge, you have a built-in series to follow – not to mention a daily schedule – which makes it easier to stick with the plan and take your blogging seriously.
- Conquer a goal. Blogging every day can be difficult, I’m not going to lie. But there’s also a big sense of accomplishment in conquering this goal. We all start projects that we never finish, but this one only takes one month to complete, and can be whittled away just one day at a time. So what’s stopping you?
- Make new friends. One of the best parts of participating in the challenge is interacting with fellow bloggers. You’re sure to find new blogs you never even knew existed, and with many blogs labeled by topic, you can even make new friends with fellow writers in your genre. How cool is that?
- Follow and be followed. In addition to making friends, you’re also likely score some new followers along the way. Bump up your numbers on social media by following the people who visit your blog, or by adding the people who you can find on Twitter, Facebook, etc. It’s platform building!
- Share your interests and expertise. Everyone’s an expert on something – even if it’s just explaining what goes on inside their own head. The blogging challenge is a great way to share some of your interests and expertise with the rest of the world, and to see how others react.
- Blog your next book. Ever tried blogging a book? It’s a fun way to encourage pre-sales, or to engage your target audience by giving them a taste of the final product. I’ve turned almost all of my A to Z Challenge posts into books (you can check them out here!), and I highly encourage others to do the same.
- A preset path. Another great aspect of the challenge is knowing exactly what you’re going to write about each day. Sure, you may have to think for a bit to narrow it down, but with the one letter per day approach, you’ll always know whether you’re writing about Apples or Zebras.
- A lighthearted challenge. The A to Z Challenge is always a fun challenge, because it brings you back to the basics. What could be more simple than the ABCs?
- It’s all about the journey. When traveling the path from A to Z, you’ll discover lots of new things about yourself, your blog, and your audience. Ultimately, it’s the journey – not the destination – and the ride is always eye-opening. Embrace the challenge, and have fun along the way!
What’d I miss?
Those are my top 10, but what are some of YOUR reasons for joining the A to Z Challenge?