I’m about to derail my whole Stunt Writing plan.
Because I got the green light from a publisher in the UK who liked the first 5,000 words of the erotic novella I sent them, and I need to finish the book by October 1!
This is exciting for a number of reasons, not least of which is that this would be my first traditionally published book. So I made a mock-up cover to celebrate:
So although I do intend to keep up with my daily walks (which, unfortunately, I have totally failed to do this week), I will be substituting writing pieces of this novella instead of postcard stories and recording podcasts for the remainder of the Stunt Writing course.
Actually, I might try recording some of the book while I walk, as I’ve never tried dictating a piece of writing to myself. But that depends on whether or not my digital recorder still works, since my “smart phone” is not smart enough to do recordings. (Don’t ask.)
But back to my daily walk updates…
Today I hit the gym with my husband, but forgot to bring my Fitbit, so I didn’t get to see how many steps I conquered there. I figure somewhere in the neighborhood of 5,000, since that’s my average.
My workout is pretty straightforward, and could definitely use updating. I’ve been doing the same workout for approximately 8 years now, so yeah, change is good.
Here’s what I do:
- Cardio for ~20 minutes on the elliptical machine (or however long it takes me to run the “Sears Tower” program — which today was 18 minutes and 26 seconds)
- Leg Press: 410 pounds
- Seated Cable Rows: 70 pounds
- Bicep Curls: 20 pounds (yes, I am a pathetic girly-girl when it comes to bicep curls, bleh!)
- Behind the Head Shoulder Presses: 50 pounds
- Pecs: 55 pounds
- Reverse Flys: 10 pounds (my right shoulder hurts everyday, so I am supposed to do this exercise to help alleviate the pain)
- Skull Crushers: 40 pounds
- Inclined Chest Press: 25 pounds
If my shoulder doesn’t hurt at the end of all that, I will sometimes throw in some Pull-Ups and/or Dips on the assisted machine.
Afterwards, I am pretty much useless for the rest of the day, and will typically eat lunch, drink a cider, and head to the bedroom for some quality TV or movie watching time with my husband and snuggling with our cats.
That’s about the plan for the rest of the day today, though I may also try to write up an outline for another novella that I want to write for the 3-Day Novel Contest (September 5–7) this year.
What’d you do today?